The best cheese is Wisconsin Cheese. Fact.
Here's another cheese fact for you: Wisconsin makes the best cheese in the world.
Okay, before you get all worked up about that, France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Mexico, and England, consider these cheese facts:
- Wisconsin cheese fact #1: Wisconsin cheesemakers have won more awards than any other state or nation on the planet.
- Wisconsin cheese fact #2: Wisconsin produces more flavors, styles, and varieties of cheese (600+) than anywhere else.
- Wisconsin cheese fact #3: Wisconsin makes one-quarter of all the cheese in the U.S. and roughly one-half of all the artisan cheese.
- Wisconsin cheese fact #4: Wisconsin has the only master cheesemaker program in the world outside of the one in Switzerland.
- Wisconsin cheese fact #5: Wisconsin is the only state that requires a license to make cheese.
Look, we can argue all day long about who makes the best cheese, but when it comes to the cheese facts, it looks like a pretty solid case for Wisconsin.
The next time you're looking for the best cheese in the world, just look for the Proudly Wisconsin Cheese™ badge on the label. That's when you know your slice of parmesan, your hunk of havarti, or your Wisconsin cheese gift basket has real cheese cred. And that's a fact.
Craving award-winning aged cheddar, pining for parmesan, or searching for a new cheese to try? The world’s best cheese is just a click away! Explore our directory of Wisconsin cheesemakers and retailers who offer online cheese shopping and get cheese shipped right to your door. What are you waiting for?