What are the different types of cheese?
There are more than a thousand different types of cheese in the world, and they are categorized in many different ways. One of the most common ways of talking about cheeses to describe its texture: from soft and semi-soft to semi-firm and hard cheese.
What are the different types of cheese preparation?
There are many different types of cheese preparation techniques, which account for the hundreds of different types of cheese throughout the world.
- Fresh cheese is made to be eaten almost immediately and includes cheeses like cottage cheese, cream cheese, and ricotta.
- Mold-ripened cheese has mold cultures introduced during the cheesemaking process that give cheeses like camembert their gloomy, earthy flavor.
- Blue cheeses are made by introducing a special type of fungus that creates blue-green veins of mold throughout the cheese.
- Washed-rind cheeses uses bacteria to ripen the cheese and create strong flavors.
- Pasta filata cheeses like mozzarella use a pulled-curd technique during the cheesemaking process that gives the cheese a stringy, chewy texture.
- Brined cheeses like feta and halloumi are matured in a saltwater solution.
What are the different types of cheese dishes?
Cheese features prominently in many of the world's most favorite dishes, including mac n cheese, fondue, cheeseburgers, pizza topped with mozzarella, fondue, and nachos drizzled with cheese sauce.