Madison, Wis. – A favorite of World Dairy Expo visitors has always been the Grilled Cheese Stand located between the coliseum and arena buildings at the Alliant Energy Center. In addition to the traditional offerings in Grilled Cheese Stand, this year the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board is sponsoring a feature cheese each day of the five-day event.
"WMMB is excited to work with the Grilled Cheese Stand to showcase one of Wisconsin’s most famous products – cheese! Each day, a new variety of cheese will be available as a grilled cheese sandwich and highlight the cornerstone of Wisconsin’s dairy product industry," said James Robson, CEO, WMMB.
The featured cheeses provide Expo visitors the opportunity to sample different varieties. Try one or try them all! Following is the list of featured cheeses available until supplies run out each day.
- Tuesday, September 29 – provolone, made by Burnett Dairy Cooperative, Grantsburg.
- Wednesday, September 30 – tomato basil cheddar, made by Nasonville Dairy, Marshfield.
- Thursday, October 1 – gouda, made by Nasonville Dairy, Marshfield.
- Friday, October 2 – dill havarti, made by Klondike Cheese Company, Monroe.
- Saturday, October 3 – pepper jack, made by Emmi Roth, Monroe.
In coordination with the featured cheeses at the Grilled Cheese Stand at World Dairy Expo, WMMB has created a website specific to the cheeses and the cheesemakers who helped craft those offered. The website, www.EatWisconsinCheese.com/Expo, describes each cheese and provides suggestions for pairing these cheeses with your favorite beverages or snacks.